Zombie stories are popular, and teens love writing them. I had a request to help a young writer find some suitable first lines for her teen zombie story. Most of these are definitely suited more for older teens!
Why not try and see what you can come up with using one of these opening lines?
TEEN ZOMBIE STORY – FIRST LINE
- One, two, breathe. Three, four, swing. One, two, breathe. Three, four, chop.
- Mum, I love you, but right now I just wish you’d stay dead.
- On the third day the zombies broke down the door to the room where my brother and I hid.
- Shhh, scrape, shhh, scrape. We could hear the creature moving toward us in the dark. Shhh, scrape, shhh, scrape. We tried to make ourselves small so it wouldn’t find us. Shhh, scrape, shhh, scrape. My skin tingled in anticipation of its touch, it smelled like rotting fruit, bad breath, and my mother’s perfume.
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done? Killed your mother? No? I win.
- Some days you just have to laugh, and other days you chop off a zombie’s head instead.
- Part of me wants to run to my mother, fling my arms around her neck… the other part wants to cut her head off.
- Violets are blue, roses are red, you love me, even though you’re dead.
- Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, we’d be a family again, kinda, albeit a zombie flesh-eating family.
- I remember when green was the fields behind our house, green was the trees that lined our drive, green was the frogs we found in the pond, now green is just the zombies that bang on our door.
Good luck and don’t let the shuffling, decomposing undead get you!